How does process variant management actually work?
Nintex Promapp’s process variant management (PVM) add-on was built to tackle an annoying problem facing many organizations: successful process standardization.
How exactly does process variant management overcome the pain point of complexity?
1. We’ve made it simple to establish a standard process, off which variations can be created and controlled. This means you no longer need to manage multiple, almost identical processes, in order to accommodate slight variations.
2. You can create global variations that can be used across multiple processes, e.g. regional variations like country, state and office location, product group or customer type.
3. You can also create process specific variations that can be applied to just one process e.g. the procurement process may require variations for different levels of spend or the leave request process may require variations for different types of leave.
4. Nintex Promapp’s process costing and timeframe functionality makes it possible to calculate the difference in cost and time between variations. This allows organizations to make informed decisions about whether to establish ownership for or eliminate process variations.
5. Process ownership has been redefined. Global process owners set the standard, while assigned variation owners can apply their expertise to ensure the particular needs of the process variation are met. Global process owners are notified of any change to a process variation, enabling them to retain oversight and control.
6. We’ve increased process relevancy, by enabling business teams to be given access to the process variation applicable to them. No more exceptions, buts or confusion over which process to follow.
7. The ability to compare and report on process variations has never been easier with Nintex Promapp’s inbuilt Process Variation Report. This report provides a list of each variation, the specific activities or tasks that have been added, deleted or amended and how this compares to the standard process.
Finally, there’s a simple way to control process variations. Watch this short video or join an Intro to Nintex Promapp webinar to see Process Variant Management in action.